Accessibility Center

About the Accessibility Center

The Accessibility Center (AC) serves the Community College of Denver's students with disabilities. Our mission is to provide leadership and facilitate equal access to institutional opportunities for students with disabilities to develop independence, self-advocacy skills, learn, and achieve personal and professional success.

The AC assists with determining reasonable accommodations for students with documented disabilities following the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended in 2008 and Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.

Students with documented disabilities who need reasonable accommodations for their courses should apply for services at the AC (Confluence Building 121), email, or call the office at 303-556-3300. 

Start Here

NEW to the Accessibility Center: How to Connect 

Students connecting with the Accessibility Center (AC) to receive accommodations for the first time must complete this process.

  1. Contact the AC by phone at 303-556-3300, via email at, or come to our office in Confluence 121 to request the initial paperwork.
  2. Provide initial paperwork and disability documentation via email to Examples of documentation are High School IEP, 504 Plan, or medical documentation on professional letterhead (physician/counselor/therapist).
  3. Once the initial paperwork and documentation of disability are received, an AC staff member will contact you to schedule an intake meeting. Meetings can be held virtually.
  4. After your intake is completed, your Accommodation Letter will be sent to your student email in CCD Connect with instructions on how to forward the letter to your instructors. After registering for classes, contact the AC to request an accommodation renewal. You will need a new letter each semester.

Returning Students: How to Renew Your Accommodations

Returning students must renew their accommodations with the AC each semester to receive ongoing accommodations.

  1. Once you have registered for classes, email to request your accommodations be renewed. 
  2. Your accommodation letter will be sent to your student email in CCD Connect with instructions for forwarding the letter to your instructors.